Monday, November 25, 2013

Cornucopia of Thanks

It's Thanksgiving week!
Gobble, gobble, gobble!

Our meal is tucked away in the fridge and cabinets.  It's almost that time to smell the goodness that will by permeating from our busy kitchen! 
We will be seeing my folks for dessert, but, as far as dinner goes, it's just the three of us.  And I am so excited!

And John is cooking it all!  How ridiculously sweet is that man???

Ok, well, he's not cooking it all - I will still be preparing the bird for Thanksgiving.  I always prepare the turkey the night before.  Around midnight to one in the morning, I put my turkey in the oven, and I cook it all night long on a lower heat setting.  Cooking it over night means that we wake up to the delicious aroma of turkey in the morning.  And it helps keeps the house a little warmer too.  It's a win-win!

I was thrilled when John offered to do the rest of the meal, though.  I honestly don't see how I could've done it.  Lord knows I would've tried.  But, the good Lord knows - as well as John - that I definitely wouldn't have been able to do it.  I probably would've made it to the sweet potato casserole, then I would've popped a pain killer, wiped the tears from off of my face and went back to the bedroom to cry about how much I hurt.

Olivia had expressed wanting to go to my parent's house for the meal, but we reminded her that if it's just the three of us, she'll get even more of her favorite dish all to herself  - her favorite dish?  The green bean casserole.  Once she heard that, her eyes got real big, a smile came over her face and she quickly got over not spending the day over at my parent's house. 

I highly considered buying a bottle of wine this year.  After all, it will be just us.  John's making the meal, and my instructions are to just relax and enjoy the day.  I was told to watch parades and to cuddle on the sofa with my Olive. 
So, I decided not to purchase any wine.  I mean, who needs it?  After all, it wouldn't be too smart to mix my new pain killers with alcohol. 

Speaking of my new pain meds.  I had another appointment with my pain management doctor.  The newest pills I'm on has my pain levels pretty consistent now.  My morning numbers have gone down (on a scale of 1 - 10) and my evening levels are starting to decrease as well.  Thank God for opioids. It's about time too.  I mean, I've only spent the better part of two years in dire straits and I've been waiting for that one pill - that one pill I knew was out there - to try and stave off some of this unbearable pain I've been having. 

This cold weather has brought out the flannel sheets and the ever so missed electric blanket.  I had that  sucker cranked up so high, I almost peed in my bed when I crawled into it.  It was so superbly comfortable and warm! 

Well, I guess that 's it. 
I will try to post again between now and Friday, but don't count on it.  I'll be too busy stuffing my face with turkey and pumpkin pie to blog about anything more important. 

Have a happy Thanksgiving all!

Oh wait
One more thing...

It wouldn't be a proper Thanksgiving post if I didn't tell you all what I am thankful for this year.

1) I'm thankful to be married to such a wonderful and compassionate man. 
2) I'm thankful to have such a loving and sweet daughter - one who is growing up too fast!
3) I'm thankful that we have a full Thanksgiving meal to eat this year
4) I'm thankful that I have two loving parents who are always there for us
5) I'm thankful that I finally found a good pain management doctor
6) I'm thankful for my smart phone (that thing has kept me from getting lost so many times)
7) I'm thankful that I have 3 loving older brothers and 1 loving younger sister
8) I'm thankful that we have heat in this cold weather
9) I'm thankful for the fact that John took away all my (family and in-law BS) problems with kind words and love
10)  I'm thankful that I found a church who accepts me as I am...

This list is in no particular order....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment...