Tuesday, November 5, 2013

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like...

Well, it's here...
The holiday season.
Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's....

I for one, am looking forward to them all!
We're already working on our Thanksgiving menu, and because of finances, we will have to buy things a little at a time.  This week, we'll pick up my delicious sweet potato casserole side dish, complete with a marshmallow and cinnamon topping.
Next week, we'll probably get my green bean casserole side dish, of course completed with French fried onions...

I have yet to get Olivia's "wish list", but I know that she's been thinking about it - long and hard.  And I am just crossing my fingers that it's all something that won't break our bank account.... I refuse to use credit cards this year.  I'm still paying off last year's Christmas shopping trips, and this year I will NOT go into any more debt!

We already made up our minds to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas at the old homestead here.  No travel plans to speak of, which of course makes John a very happy camper....
Although I'm sure we'll be roped into my own family's Christmas get together, that seems to be the only thing we'll end up going to this year.
Well, maybe. 
I have a feeling he'll change his mind...
I sort of just stared at him, blinked once or twice when he told me...
"What?  No travelling at allNo where???"
"Nope.  Just us this year."
Huh...
I never thought I'd say this about myself, because I am always the first one to jump at any free food for any special occasion (ya know, pain willing).  But, I think John is finally wearing me down.  Just the thought of not having to go anywhere, not having to deal with holiday traffic, more people in a room than I find comfortable, or putting on a fake smile when I just hurt so badly...
Well, I'm kind of already sighing with relief.

So, while we start gearing up for the 2013 holiday season, I'm pretty stoked about it being stress free and quiet around here.  It'll definitely be that (quiet) if what John says is true... I'm kind of sad that it will have to be that way, but it is what it is.  Like I said though, he may just change his tune as the holidays creep closer.
We are decorating the house in two weekends, and I'm curious to see if our kitten Apollo will be alive or dead by New Year's.   I have a feeling that the words coming out of my mouth will be:

"HEY!  APOLLO!  DROP IT!"  as he scurries off with an irreplaceable ornament or some gold garland...

And this year, unlike last year, I'm recruiting John to help out.  He will be hanging more lights and helping put things away.  Usually, I'm more than happy to put on the Christmas music and do it alone, but last year, after all was put up, I sat down and bawled like a baby because I hurt so badly.  I am not going to repeat that this year.  Olivia and John will definitely be helping... At least in some capacity. 

I'll tell you what I'm most looking forward to though...
That's tax season...
That is way better than all three major holidays put together....
And this year, my first full year without any sort of working income, we're pretty stoked about our return.  And we sort of already have plans for that...
Let's just say, we're hoping to NOT call our home, home for that much longer.  Fingers are crossed! 

If we have enough left over, I'm sort of hoping for a trip to Florida as well.  My parents are already planning a trip to Florida, and have lovingly invited John, Olivia, and me to kind of travel with them. 
That will be fun!   Vacationing with my folks always is a lot of fun, and I am really hoping to make this trip with them... My fingers are also crossed for that.

Let's see...

Oh yes. 

My new pain pills are still highly effective.  They're working like they should and I'm still keeping a pain diary, which is not only therapeutic for me, but very helpful for my pain management doctor.  I'm getting consistently lower and lower numbers.  I'm loving the fact that my pain is, at least for the moment, subdued. 

Well, I guess that's it for now...
Thanks for reading, my few but dear readers.
Till next time...




































 




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment...