Saturday, March 15, 2014

Can't Wait for Spring!!!!


The last few weeks have been so hard for us.  Here at home, we are still (sort of) getting over some illnesses, still mourning the loss of our Molson, and still trying to do the everyday things - that at times, seems like an impossible task for the day.
While we continue to fight some of these uphill battles, we have are continuing to lean on each other though.  Olivia is pitching in when it comes to the household chores, and John is continually making dinners and working every day.  Since my help is limited - meaning, I can't be as able to help out physically - I'm always there to talk to, cry to, and lend my listening ears.  I always carry a pack of clean tissues or facial wipes in my purse, and lately, both John and Olivia have needed them.  Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that I too have had to dig around my purse for them as well.

So, you see, things have been a little "abnormal" around here.  

This fine Saturday morning, I just sat down with my first cup of coffee and am sipping it while I listen to Apollo eat his morning meal and Olivia in her room singing along with a song (that I'm sure only teenagers enjoy).  John is just now stirring and I have a feeling that he too will be pouring a cup of coffee.

We have no real big plans for the weekend.  Although, I have recruited verbal promises from the two of them to help out with some light cleaning today.  Nothing too strenuous, but the house could definitely use a 
"tidying" up.  I am going to run (hmmm.... scratch that.  I'm going to drive instead) to the store for some Lysol antibacterial spray and then thoroughly douse the house in it.  None of us wants the sicknesses that we have been fighting to ever come back!  

The weather is improving somewhat, and we might see our first 60 degree day for the year... Alas, it will be a short lived warm up, as John and I have heard about an impending winter storm in the forecast for Sunday into Monday.  UGH!  Go away snow!  Nobody wants you!!!!

Anyway, as the weather improves, so does our anticipation of going camping again this year!  I, for one, cannot wait to get back into the hammock and sleep the night away!  Hammock sleeping is truly the only time I get a good 8-9 hours of sleep - like EVER!  So, yes, I'm quite excited about getting back out there and enjoying nature at it's finest again!  John is constantly looking over our supplies - some of them new, some new-ish, and some we have had for some time.  We enjoy camping on the river, and I know that John is really anxious to get out the canoes again.  Last summer, I spent many weekends on some of the islands with John.  And, each time we went, we had such fun!  So, yeah, I cannot wait to get back out there.  

*(FYI - I really miss our Molson.  But, if there was a silver lining in his passing, it's the fact that we don't have to worry about finding a sitter for him or running home to let him out or feed him anymore.  He always hated camping, so bringing him along was always out of the question)*


Well, I suppose that is it for now.  I will try to get back on and blog again real soon.

As always, thanks for reading.  






John captured a rare moment, me actually sleeping.  HA!  But, only because hammock sleeping is the best sleeping ever!

















































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment...