Monday, February 3, 2014

No. I will NOT press 1 for English or Too Much of the White Stuff... (Take your pick)

Phone rings.  A version of "Midnight Rider" is playing on my phone.
I either reach for it or I "robble"   (see post http://sylviaolley.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-definition-of-robble.html) out to it to see who is calling me.  I mean, who has the nerve to call me during "The Young and the Restless"  or a brand new episode of "Ghost Hunters"?
Only a person who lacks TV in their lives or someone who is incredibly rude.

sigh...

Seven or maybe even eight times out of ten, it's a doctor's office with test results or the pharmacy telling me that prescription is ready.  Sometimes it's my mom.  But, then, there are times when it's a complete stranger calling me to talk about "FBI reporting crime rates"  or "This is Sprint.  Are you happy with your current package of service?"  At times, it's a person (that sounds just like a credit collector) asking for somebody named "George".
By the way.   George, you owe someone a whole heck of alot of money.

But, one time, and this is the most recent phone call,  I got a recording!  A recording!  Calling me, barking orders at me to "press 1 for English, prensa dos para Espanol"...
ugh...
This used to happen more frequently with my old phone.
But, that isn't why I opted to get out of my old phone, and into a new phone...
I mean, how easy is it to just hang up on something as annoying as a recording???  Pretty darned easy...

No, I got my new phone because my old phone line was a part of a family of phones and I wanted to completely stop communicating with said family.  They had over stepped some pretty large boundaries and were pretty hurtful to me.  That and because every time there was a problem, all I ever heard was "How bout I just stop paying the bill for your phone?"
Yeah, um...  Do you really think I care?  (Hence, the brand new phone I have)  I was sick of the manipulation and hassle that my old phone brought into my life.  And now that I have an even better phone and I am the owner of the line, I haven't had a single phone call from them...

Now, I have a new set of problems... Like, all of these annoying phone calls I keep receiving.  I probably shouldn't even pick up the phone.  I'm sure just by answering the phone, I am put into some system somewhere that keeps a log about when I picked up, what date it was and what time it was.. So on and so forth..
So, I am going to download an app or two that will prevent unwanted or unknown phone calls from even getting through.  That will solve this little dilemma.  I'm sure of it.


Now, on to other news.

This snow!
This latest storm was first mentioned a week ago and the words the weatherman used was, "Flurries are possible for Monday".  Then it turned to 1 - 2 inches for Monday.  The next night, John and I heard 2 -4 inches possible for Monday.  After that, we had heard 3-6 inches of snow expected for Monday.  Then, as recent as yesterday, we had heard that 6 -9 inches was coming for Monday.  John and I looked outside and saw almost a   FREAKIN FOOT of snow!!!   Now, the weather man is predicting something like "Feet Possible" for a snow storm coming our way for this coming weekend.  Not to mention that on Tuesday night into Wednesday, they're calling for more snow + ice!  Four to eight inches of snow, plus ice.  Nice... Freakin great...
Sigh...

At this rate, Olivia will not even have a summer vacation...  All of this missed school is making her happy now, but just wait till the weather is warm and the mornings are mild and birds are singing and the trees are green and the skies are blue... Then, she'll be wishing that she hadn't missed a single day because of all of this white stuff called snow.


With Olivia's 13th (WOW!  Did I just say 13?  Where did the time go?) birthday rapidly approaching, we've been planning something really great for her.  My parents are coming over on her actual birthday to sing "happy birthday" and to bring her birthday present for her, but John and I are planning something really great for her.  I know she'll love it.  We were going to take her to a salon to maybe get a new hair do or maybe a mani and pedi for her, but what we have planned now, we're SURE she is going to love.  But, if the weather continues to work against us, we'll have to put her big birthday surprise off till later.  Of course, we'll still have cake for her and something for her to open, but, we have actual travel plans for her birthday.  We are planning on even leaving Pennsylvania for awhile!  That's how nice her birthday will be...

Olivia wants to also donate some food and supplies to the local animal shelter.  So, in addition to her gift, John and I are buying a bag of cat food and bag of dog food, and maybe some toys/blankets for the animals at the Berks County Animal Shelter.  She wants to bring it the animals and then visit with some of them as well.
She only turns 13 once, and this year it's going to be a birthday to remember.  One for the books!


Well, I suppose that's it for now... Thanks for reading, my few but dear audience.
Till next time...























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment...