Monday, March 11, 2013

On a Lighter Note

As I haven't been blogging long, I have noticed a trend in my blogs.  They've all been on the more pessimistic side - I know it to be true, but just heard it through the grapevine that I need to post at least one or two happier blogs. 
Fine. 
So, as per request, I hope you're happy now.  because this next post is about as happy as I'm gonna get right now... :)
So, now to reach into the vast storage cells of my brain to pick something on a lighter note, a more cheerful note, if you will...
Let's see...
I could post about the evening I married John.  That was an experience.  A fun one, and a memorable one, because, we were actually married twice in the same night.  That's right readers, I'm twice as married than all of you... :)  Or  I could again talk about the birth of Olivia (although that has a lot of dark moments in it, as we both almost perished, so let's forget that one for now)
Hmmm....
So, I guess the best form of post would be to talk about the many blessings that have been bestowed on me and my little family. 
I'll begin with a roof over our heads.  It's not the nicest roof, nor the biggest, but it is indeed a roof.  And on the nights (and days) where it's raining animals, I'm happy as a clam to have said roof. 
I also, on a daily basis, have food in my belly.  That's a big plus.  I couldn't imagine going hungry.  How painful that must feel.  God, I can't go five hours between meals.  I start to panic at the idea of actually starving to death in those moments, and it's not even close to becoming a reality.  So, having food daily gives me great joy and comfort. 
I also have the basic necessities for life.  Water, electricity, cable TV (yes, having more than 15 channels to go through is a necessary thing for me to have)... Even having something as simple (even though it's such a complex device)as a  cell phone leaves me a feeling of tremendous gratitude. 
I am happy and blessed beyond what I deserve.  I know that.  I can appreciate that. 
When I initially started to blog, it was more or less a way to vent and complain, but I guess even a complainer like me has good things to talk about.  So, here it is. 
I am also ecstatic at the thought of a new series that has come to television - you can catch it on the History channel and I know I've seen it advertised on the Lifetime channel as well.  I watched the first episode of The Bible, and while it truly is "an adaptation" of the Bible, it gives a fairly (although not entirely) accurate description of the good book.  They certainly made it for TV, to get you coming back, which has worked on me.  So, that leaves me happy. 
I think it's a little funny that I go to watch my taped television programming and at the top sits The Bible and underneath of that sits The Walking Dead, followed by Criminal Minds, Ghost Adventures, and various other shows that I cannot stop watching.
I am indeed  a blessed individual with a great many things that I need to find more joy in. 
So, thank you to that dear reader, who brought it to my attention that I need to write about happier things.  When I sit down to write, sometimes all that comes to me is the bad things that I could not express during the day.  But, this little exercise has forced me to look into the nicer things in my life.  And for that, I am grateful...
Tomorrow,  we're headed to Philly for my test.  Wish me luck!  Fingers are crossed....
Till next time, my very few readers...
Over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment...